For Candidates & Committees
- Electronic Filing for Candidates and Committees
- Electronic Filing of Lobbying Reports
- Pay-to-Play - Form BE Electronic Filing
Forms, Instructions and Manuals
- Candidates, Political Committees, Recall, Independant Expenditures
- Political Party Committees, Legislative Leadership Committees & Continuing Political Committees (PACs)
- Professional Campaign Fundraisers
- Gubernatorial Public Financing Program
- PFD-1 Form for Governor, Lt. Governor, Senate and Assembly
Forms listed throughout this section with this icon are adobe fillable and saveable forms. They can also be printed as a blank form by opening the form and clicking on the print icon.
To use the Adobe fill-in forms you need to have the latest version of Adobe Reader. These forms cannot be filed electronically. They can be filled in and saved to your computer. Open the form and use the “Save” button from the Adobe reader to save the completed or blank form to your computer. After completing the form, print, sign and file with the Commission. Additional Fill-in Form Information .
For further assistance please contact the Commission staff at (609) 292-8700 or toll free within New Jersey: 1(888) 313-ELEC (3532).
Who Must File
- Candidates for any elected public office in the State of New Jersey
- Candidates engaging in “pre-candidacy” activity
- Treasurers of Political Committees
- Recall and Recall Defense Committees
- Continuing Political Committees
- Legislative Leadership Committees
- Political Party Committees
Under certain circumstances, the following persons must file reports of their campaign financial activity:
- “Citizen” groups or other “Grassroots” movements
- Write-in candidates and school board candidates
- Individuals or groups making independent expenditures
Who Is Not Required to File
Candidates for federal office or for political party positions (county committee member, state committee member, or national party convention delegate) are not under the jurisdiction of the Act.
What Elections Apply
- May Municipal
- School Board
- Fire Commission
- Special Elections