For Parties and PACs
Welcome to the Next Generation of the E-Filings (Short Forms) for political party committees, legislative leadership committees and continuing political committees. They can now be filled out and filed through any browser; on your smart phone or tablet. However, if you still need assistance, our help desk is a phone call away. Contact the Help Desk for Electronic Filing by calling (609) 292-8700 or, toll free (within New Jersey) at 1 (888) 313-ELEC (3532) for assistance to file the short forms.
If you are a constant user of this site, you will find that the process is slightly different. A registration number and PIN are still required; however, after pressing the button to “File With ELEC” you will receive a CONFIRMATION MESSAGE. Do not delete this message as it contains further instructions and a link to retrieve your date-stamped filed form. You will need to print a copy of your filed form for your records and for filing with your county clerk.
- Go directly to forms
- Signing your report electronically
- Classroom style seminars and on–line treasurer training are also available
- Instructions for filing out each form
Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer. Please click on the icon (Get Adobe Reader) to go to the Adobe Website for a FREE download of Acrobat Reader
The Filing Process
- When using a keyboard for best results and minimum errors use the TAB key to navigate from field to field.
- If filing multiple forms wait for a confirmation number for each before opening the next form.
- All required fields need to be completed.
- After you have completed the form click the File with ELEC button.
- If successfully filed a CONFIRMATION MESSAGE containing a Confirmation Number will appear in place of the filed document. Follow the instructions on the Confirmation Message page to open your filed form save and print two copies of the form (one for your records and one for filing with the county clerk).
- The Confirmation Message page along with a copy of your filed form is your receipt; print a copy and save with your records.
STOP - YOU MUST HAVE A VALID REGISTRATION NUMBER AND PIN FOR EVERY PERSON WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SIGNING A COMMITTEE REPORT BEFORE FILING ELECTRONICALLY - THIS INCLUDES THE ORGANIZATIONAL TREASURER, DEPUTY TREASURER AND CHAIRPERSON.
Parties and PACs
Reporting For Political Party Committees, Legislative Leadership Committees and Continuing Political Committees
D-3 Political Party Committee Designation of Organizational Treasurer and Depository
A-3 Committee Sworn Statement - For Committees expending $7,200 or less in a calendar year
C-3 Supplemental Contributor Information - To report contributions in excess of $300 or for 48-hour contribution notices
E-3 Supplemental Expenditure Information - To report 48-hour expenditure notices
D-4 Continuing Political Committee - Registration Statement and Designation of Organizational Depository
D-5 Legislative Leadership Committee - Registration Statement and Designation of Organizational Depository
D-5N Legislative Leadership Committee - Notice of Membership
C-3 Multi-Page Supplemental Contributor Information - To report contributions in excess of $300 or for 48-hour contribution notices. This form provides enough space to report up to 18 contribution entries.
E-3 Multi-Page Supplemental Expenditure Information - To report 48-hour expenditure notices. This form provides enough space to report up to 14 expenditure entries.
IND Uncoordinated and independent expenditure(s) exceeding $1,900.