There are many legal resources available at ELEC. You can view our online advisory opinions‚ search for and view released complaints and final decisions‚ or find out how to request an advisory opinion or investigation. The complete unofficial regulation text document is available online as are current regulation proposals and adoptions and other rule making notices.
- The New Jersey Campaign Contributions and Expenditures Reporting Act‚ N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1 et seq.
- The Gubernatorial Legislative Disclosure Statement Act‚ N.J.S.A. 19:44B-1 et seq.
- The Uniform Recall Election Law‚ N.J.S.A. 19:27A-1 et seq.
- The Legislative and Governmental Process Activities Disclosure Act‚ N.J.S.A. 52:13C-18 et seq.
Frequency of updates to Links: monthly on the first business day of each month.
Please report any non-functioning links by sending information on the link to Webmaster.
This text has been prepared by the Election Law Enforcement Commission‚ and is therefore not intended for use as an official text. The official text is prepared by the Office of Administrative Law‚ and appears in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 19:25-1.1‚ et seq. Commission regulations include data pertaining to violations of applicable laws‚ penalties‚ and deadlines‚ among other information. Applicable laws can be found at: Commission Statutory Authority.
- Commission Unofficial Regulation Text (Updated January 2021)
- Regulation Proposals
- Regulation Adoptions
- Rulemaking Notices
If you would like to receive electronic notification of ELEC rulemaking activity, or unsubscribe from such notification, send an email to email@example.com. Please put either “Subscribe” or “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Complaints & Final Decisions
- View Advisory Opinions - 2011 to Present
- View Advisory Opinions Archive – 2001 to 2010
- View Advisory Opinions Archive – 1991 to 2000
- View Advisory Opinions Archive – 1981 to 1990
- View Advisory Opinions Archive – 1973 to 1980
Information regarding the majority of Commission penalties can be found in Subchapter 17 of the Commission’s Unofficial Regulation Text. Additional penalty information is contained within Chapter 25 of the Commission’s Unofficial Regulation Text.
Right to Appeal
A notice of appeal of a Commission Final Decision must be filed with the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division "within 45 days from the date of service of the decision…" New Jersey Court Rule 2:4–1(b). If you have any questions about filing the notice of appeal, contact the Clerk’s Office of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division at (609) 292–4822.
Fees, Violations and Deadlines
Information regarding Commission fees, violations and deadlines can be found in Chapter 25 of the Commission’s Unofficial Regulation Text.